Monday, May 4, 2009

If I have to hear about bikram yoga one more time...

What does Bikram yoga teach you that you can't learn from reading Dante's Inferno?

This is part of wikipedia's definition of Bikram Yoga:

"Bikram Yoga is ideally practiced in a room heated to 105°F (40.5°C) with a humidity of 40%. Classes are guided by specific dialogue including 26 postures and two breathing exercises. Classes last approximately 90 minutes."


Who willingly puts themselves through that?! Why do people do that and then talk about how great they feel. I guess if I walked into hell, only heard 26 things, and 90 minutes later walked out, I'd feel pretty damn good too. But you know what? I'd never go back. If I ate at a restaurant that gave me explosive diarrhea but after I got it all out I felt better than when I was curled up in a ball of pain and anxiety, I WOULD NOT GO BACK! There are already numerous Indian restaurants on 6th street in the Lower East Side that hold that honor...

But I digress.

Bikram Yoga is essentially moving to Atlanta, GA in the middle of a heat wave in the summer and deciding that for 90 minutes I'd make my body look like a pregnant calf outside on the sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment